Friday, October 3, 2008

Kids night out

Laken hit the jackpot on one game.  She was so excited.
This is Chandler Stanek
Can you tell who didnt want their picture taken?  I guess they think they are too old for that.
The whole gang Ethan, Meg, Chandler, and Laken




Last week was Ethan's birthday and we didn't have a party.  So, we decided that we would take the kids out with a couple of their friends, Laken and Chandler Stanek.  We went to Razorback Pizza in Russellville.  We ate pizza and played games.  The kids had a lot of fun.  Then we were brave and took them all to Wal-Mart.  

We will be getting up early tomorrow to go to a JBQ meet in Russellville.  Then we are off to Stuttgart for the Sunday morning service.  We will be at West Memphis Sunday night for a missions convention.  Our itinerating (aka traveling for Jesus)  is going well.  We are at 41% on our budget.  Our departure date is August 09 but, we talk to Springfield last week and they said we may get to leave sooner than that.  They first said January and it freaked me out a little bit because that is only three months away.  There is no way that we could be ready by then.  We have a van, house, and everything in it to sell.  Plus, we still have to raise our cash budget and we are just now getting started on that.  So, I am sure January is out of the question.  However, the end of April is not.  If we have our monthly budget raised and our cash budget raised by then we will leave.  If not it will still be August.  

I have a great praise report.  Shannon got a call last week from his sister saying her that her church wanted to support us.  We had went and preached there back August.  You will never believe how much the pledge is.  You ready for this........$200.00 a month.  Did I mention that this a Freewill Baptist church?  Praise the Lord!  

I am finally feeling better and I am so thankful for that.  I have not felt "normal" since January and that is a long time not to feel good.  I hope and pray that I am well on my way to recovery. For all of you who knew about Shannon's back problem, he is not having surgery.  They were able to give him two shots in his back and some PT and he is doing great.  They had scheduled for him to get three shots but, he is doing so well that he is not going to have to get it.  God is so good to us and we are so thankful for his blessings.  Thank you for praying for our family. 



No comments:

Post a Comment