Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Best Is Yet To Come

I am not much on making new years resolutions but, I know that this year will bring alot of changes in my life.  Over the last few weeks I have been struggling with some things and one of them being, what to do with my furniture.  All I can think is, God I have worked (maybe I should say we) we have worked so hard for all that we have.  Shannon and I were married over 13 years before we bought our first washer and dryer and our TV.  And, it has taken us that long to get all of our furniture paid for.  All I can see is everything gone and we have nothing.  I have been praying about this for a very long time and this is what God said "I have blessed you with what you have and I can bless you again".  Seems like that would be enough to make me feel better, right? Wrong, it is so hard to let go.  So, I have really been praying about it over the last few weeks, really hard.  As you know, we just got back from NC.  While we were there we went to church with the Martins.  And, not kidding you, the message was for me.  These were the words from the pastor:  .......you have your furniture sitting in your front yard waiting for the garbage truck to come and pick it up.  When the garbage truck leaves, here comes another truck right behind it, God's bringing you better stuff that what you had.  It really spoke to my heart, knowing that God has so much instore for our lives, bigger and better.  And, sometimes it is hard to give it up so He can bless us with all that He has for us.  I can now say that I am ready to put ALL of my stuff in the front yard and let the garbage truck come pick it up because the best is yet to come.    

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome post! The Best is Yet to Come!! Sometimes He has to spell it out for us, to get our attention. But He always answers our prayers! It may not be the way we were hoping...but it is still an answer, if we will just be still and listen! You and Shannon inspire me! Your family is in my prayers daily! God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about making me cry...I marvel at God's goodness. Your post has blessed me! The best is yet to come, for all of us. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and being a part of our lives. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete