Friday, April 24, 2009

Emotions

Have you ever been in one of those 'blah' times in your life?  Well, I have been there for a while now.  I have so many mixed emotions that I don't know what to think about it all.  If I wrote down all the emotions that I have been experiencing over the past several weeks, it would be scary. And, you would probably think, she is crazy.  Most of you probably think that I am crazy anyway, huh?   Where to begin?  We are down to about 4 months until our departure date. Will we make it or will we not?  That is the question that plays over and over in my mind.  Then I think trust Jesus.  Then I think but what if it doesn't happen.  And it goes on and on, everyday. Battlefield of the mind.  Do we sell everything now or do we wait?  Is our house going to sell? Is our van going to sell?  Are my kids going to pass to the next grade?  Then I have to slap myself back into "faith" mode.  I have to go back to my bible and read all the promises that He has spoke to me.  I am so thankful for intineration because  I think that God uses this time to prepare us for the task that is ahead of us.  It's a very emotional time as well as a 'learning to trust God' time.  I know that when we do get our budget raised 100% that we will be able to look back and say "wow, I can't believe the greatness of God".  And when we are over in Guatemala having a bad day, we will look back to these days and the great things that God has done for us and know that we are right where He wants us.  I know that I don't have all the answers right now, but I know He does.  And if it's August or December, He knows.  I just need to trust Him!

Please keep us in your prayers.  We are leaving tomorrow for our weekend services and then we are headed to Florida.  We have several appointments there.  I will be updating the blog as often as I can.  We are looking forward to spending time with some great missionary friends.

3 comments:

  1. I am praying for you.
    I'm encouraged by your faith.
    You are a great testimony to the goodness of God when we follow His will. Thanks!
    Have fun at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I continue to pray for you and your family every day. I commend you for your faith and your trust in the Lord. He will see you thru this for you and your family truly are doing his will! God Bless all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I understand all of your emotions! If I had $1 for every emotion I feel a day living here on the field....most days...I would be a RICH woman.

    Take care and know that God is in total control. Trust Him!

    Blessings,
    Melissa (Argentina)

    ReplyDelete