Thursday, February 18, 2010

A day of firsts

Yesterday was filled with "firsts" for me. Shannon was sick and stayed home from school. So, I walked to school with Lorin and Rebecca, my neighbors. After school, I took a taxi home and for the first time, I told him where to take me. ALL BY MYSELF! Later that afternoon I had to take the kids back down to Cincel to get their haircuts. Side note: there was a team in working on the new dorms for the school and a lady was giving free haircuts. For the first time, me and the kids walked down to Cincel by ourselves. After their haircuts, we decided that we would take a taxi home. Guess what? I called the taxi company all by myself and again gave directions to our apartment. I felt like I had really accomplished something at the end of the day. No, it wasn't an A on a test but it was a real life accomplishment. It was a great day for me!






1 comment:

  1. That is so cool. Congrats! I cannot even imagine. I had been in Arkansas for so long, moving to Missouri was tramatic...lol. I can't imagine another country. Always in prayer for you guys!

    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete