We have been really busy and I haven't had a lot of time for blogging. I haven't really had any interesting pictures either. Maybe I will make that my goal today, if I have time.
Let's see. We had the grandparents here for two weeks. We have been very busy with church things. We've been going to basketball games. We've been taking Spanish lessons. (not sure if I should capitalize spanish or not because they don't capitalize it in spanish. My brain is so confused) And to be completely honest I have been worn out from all of this.
Megan started playing basketball and I have been helping her to learn some basic skills. Thank you Coach Gray. She had a game Tuesday and she played almost the whole game and made four points. She was pretty proud of herself. Ok, I was pretty proud of her myself.
We are in the process of having Ethan a suit made. I have no idea why we didn't think to buy him one when we were in the states. He's in the 9th grade where all the girls turn 15 this year. And a girl's 15th birthday is a big deal in Latin America. They all have formal parties, hence the suit. So today we are going to get him measured and have the suit made for the party next weekend.
I had a great birthday on Tuesday. We didn't do anything big. We just went out to eat at TGI Fridays after Meg's ballgame. My mom also had surgery on this day and I am happy to say that she is doing good. She had a total knee replacement and will be going home tomorrow. I am very thankful that she is doing good.
Let's see, what else?
Oh yeah. I am in the process of making plans for our trip to the states this summer. Which I am so so excited about. Why am I so excited? Because I am tired of wearing the same clothes. Just imagine. All the clothes you have came in one suitcase. Every morning I go and look in my closet and say, "Which old shirt do I want to wear today?" I have wore the same clothes for over seven months now. Not one new item. By the time I get to the states it will be almost a year. I know this wouldn't bother some people but it bothers me. Petty I know. And I must mention that everyone in the family is in the same boat as I am. Well, except Megan, she had her grandparents bring her some new things. She is a pretty smart girl.
I went and got my hair cut and highlighted yesterday for $30 bucks. How great is that? I am finding that there are pros and cons of living in another country. Like this, for example. You can get your haircut and highlight for $30 bucks, but you have to pay $20 bucks for a small thing of Tide. (washing detergent) Which is why I don't buy it. But I love the other deals. But I hate not being able to buy the things I know are cheaper in the states. With all that said, it all evens out.
Ok I think I have rambled enough. Hope you all have a great Thursday.
No comments:
Post a Comment