Monday, May 9, 2011

Dolls for Mothers Day

Shannon and the kids bought these beautiful handmade dolls for me for Mothers Day.  These dolls are indian dolls from Otavalo Ecuador.  There is a lady in our church that makes these and you can choose which indian tribe you want your dolls to be.  I would have to say that this lady is pretty talented.  All the indians have their own native dress here and she makes them look exactly like that tribe, even down to the jewelry.




I almost forgot to mention that I had a great Mothers Day.  We went to church and then out for lunch.  The kids also wrote me letters that were so sweet that they brought tears to my eyes.  You know those letters when you think, I must be doing something right.  They were actually the best Mothers Day gift that I have ever received, up to this date.  When you finally receive sweet letters from your kids that are old enough to appreciate you, it's priceless.  

No comments:

Post a Comment