Saturday, January 14, 2012

Casa de Luz

We had a great week despite some getting sick.  Do you ever ask yourself, why can't something just go right for a change?  I think I found myself asking that question several times through out the week.  With that being said, when you go to a foreign country there are no guarantees that you won't get sick, no matter how safe you try to be.

They got a lot accomplished with the church construction and we are very pleased with the outcome.  There were lots of tears shed from Pastor Eduardo because he was so thankful for this team from Arkansas.

Here is a picture of where they are having church until the new church is complete.  It's a little bitty room and will hold about 45 people and they have to have two services because of this.


The new church will hold a 100+ people.
Progress: half of the roof on.

Shannon working hard.  I must tell you that he worked so hard all week and I have no idea how he did it.  I am very proud of him.

This is William, he has helped Shannon with this church since the start.  William is a very smart man and a hard worker and I know that Shannon could not have done this without him.
Progress: poring the floor.


 They are all busy as can be trying to get the other side of the roof up.

There is a beautiful view from this church.

Shannon bossing Scott around, no I'm kidding.  I have no idea what they were talking about.

Gerald getting the cement ready.

Jan worked like a dog all week and she told me that she had never did any manuel labor like this.  She could have fooled me, she worked hard.

Teresa in charge of the water.

Getting ready for blocks.


Amy manning the concrete machine, she worked hard all week.

Jimbo laying blocks.

Thomas getting his cement just right.

 Shannon laying block.

Luis cutting blocks.

Justin trying to take it easy because he was sick.  He worked hard all week and got the roof on and he even spent a few hours in the hospital.  (this was taken on Friday)

Last day of work.  I didn't get a picture of the church before they left because I had to leave before them to pick up Ethan from school.  But Shannon and I will be going back up there and I will get one.  It's going to be a beautiful church.


We just want to say thank you to everyone from Star City that brought us stuff or sent us stuff.  We appreciate everything that you gave us.  And to say that the kids were proud of the Mt. Dew and Dr. Pepper would be an understatement.  Thank you for blessing our family.

*I just pick out a few pictures for the blog and was not trying to play favorites, so don't think I tried to leave anyone out.

No comments:

Post a Comment