Monday, April 30, 2012

Ditching

I have been ditching the blog, avoiding the blog, or maybe even ignoring the blog the last few weeks.  Ok it's really only been ten days since I posted but what I've really been avoiding is sharing an update on my health.  Maybe I think that if I ignore it, it's not real or maybe it will go away.  But that is not the case.

I had an appointment with my doctor via Skype on April 12th and haven't really talked about it since.  Right now I'm avoiding 25 different foods.  For example: bread, pepper, lemon, oranges, yeast, milk, eggs, corn, vanilla, and the list goes on.  Oh wait I forgot the most important one, coffee.  So I have been doing this for the last month and it wasn't so bad.  But, I also found out that I have a yeast overgrowth in my intestines and while being treated for that I can't have any sugar.  Did you know that sugar is in everything?  And did you know that all the "sugar free" products are made from corn?  So it's a loose loose situation.  I have been on the new diet, no sugar, for over two weeks and I'm struggling.  I just want to go eat a big ole piece of chocolate cake, no, I want to eat the whole cake.  The yeast in my intestines crave sugar and carbs and that is what feeds them.  Hence the no sugar diet.  I think I could handle the no sugar diet but with all the other foods added in it's really hard. And to make things worse it is going to take months to treat the yeast and there is no telling how long I will be on this diet.  I also have some other issues going on but the yeast overgrowth has to be taken care of first.  To say I need your prayers is an understatement.

I miss coffee!  (and sugar)


On to more news.

We are officially coming home the end of June and will be living in West Fork.  God has already blessed us with a great place to live with all of the appliances and a washer and dryer.  How great is that?  We are in the process of throwing pieces of furniture and other items together from family trying to set up house.  Our main reason for living here is to be near family.  Our kids wanted to live by their cousins, Madison and Macen.  And they are so excited!  Megan tells us how many days until we go home everyday.  We also bought a car in January so we have the main items needed when we get there, a house and a car. The rest will come in time.

Check out this picture of the kids.  This was taken in the Little Rock airport the day we left for Costa Rica.  Wow, they have grown up so much.  Stay tuned for an updated picture in June.


Megan has been baking a lot and the latest thing that she made was this cinnamon roll cake.  As much as I would like to say that it was good, I have no idea because I didn't eat one bite.  But from everyone else's reactions it was delicious.  Ethan wanted her to make another one last night but she made chocolate chip cookies instead.  Here's the recipe if you want to try it for yourself.


We also have company here for the week and I'm very thankful to have a friend here.  It seems to keep my mind off of my problems.  It's the McCarthys and they are missionaries from Uruguay and we were neighbors in Costa Rica.  Steve is here doing a sports ministry conference and Jill is hanging out with me. I must say that it would be a whole lot more fun if we could drink coffee together.   

Here's a picture of Steve and Jill and me and Shannon.  This was taken in Costa Rica almost two years ago.


2 comments:

  1. My best friend shared a quote with me that has helped me more than I can ever express and I would like to share that with you.... "This is only a season... and this too shall pass". There has been a lot of situations come up in my family the past few months and this quote sure helps me keep up hope. I hope it helps you too♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get you, I too have been avoiding the blog.

    ReplyDelete