I have asked Shannon several times if he would update the blog for me. Can you guess his answer? It was an obvious no. That is why I'm laying here on the couch doing an update. I don't really have much to say due to the fact that I'm still on the couch. I found out Monday that I had a bladder infection and I've been in a lot of pain from that. I went back to the doctor on Wednesday because of the pain and I was told to take my medicine and stay down until Tuesday.
While laying on the couch I've been thinking a lot about Ecuador and how much I miss it. And then I think, when I finally get back there will I be thinking about how much I miss the states. It really is a crazy feeling. I love Ecuador but I don't like all the legal stuff that has to been done with we get there. I don't like that a law can change overnight with on notice. As of right now we have no visas, our drivers licenses have expired, and our tags/taxes on our car is due. We have no place to live and we don't even have a place to stay when we get there. Ethan asked us the other day where we were going to stay when we got there and we told him that we didn't have a clue and he said don't you think you need to be figuring that out because we are leaving in three months. Ethan is just like me, he doesn't want to wait until the last minute to make plans. He needs a plan in place. With that being said, one of the hardest things that I've learned this year in the states is just to trust God. Often times we worry over things that we have no control over and it's such a waste of time. I'm sure when it gets closer we'll have everything taken care of because God has a plan for us and we trust Him.
I've really been aggravated since being home because of my health issues. It seems like I haven't been able to do all the things that I've wanted to do or see the people that I've wanted to see because of health problems. Every time I turn around it's something else. But I'm believing that this will be the end of it and I will be 100% by the time we get back to Ecuador. So, as soon as I'm released from the couch I plan on being busy seeing friends and family.
And we have a newsletter due to go out the end of this month but I haven't been able to work on it due to the fact I'm back on pain medication. Wouldn't you love to read a newsletter that I wrote on pain meds. haha! Speaking of pain meds, I'm on them right now, so if this whole post doesn't make since you'll know why.
On a happy note we are at 90% and are on schedule to leave in August. Yay!
And here's a picture just because it makes my heart happy.

ReplyDeleteSusan thanks for sharing and giving us somethings to pray about with you!! I know my God will supply all your needs according to HIS RICHES in Christ Jesus! But just the same sometimes it is a test of our faith getting to that point. Believe with us for our son David who last fall went fulltime, by faith into youth ministry with Pastor Cody Berry in Ohio. Their home in Searcy has still not sold and the payment is high. We are believing and trusting God to supply their need as well. We're so proud that he has fully surrendered his life to the Call of God; and as you know that is the only way to live!! WE WILL BE REMEMBERING YOUR NEEDS in our family prayers and with our church. Also we will be praying about your health and healing to speedliy return!! With His Love, the Dickensons