I'm happy to say that we got our visas last Thursday!! We haven't officially got them but they are being processed and we should have them in a couple of weeks. Thanks for much for the prayers.
As soon as we get our visas we will be getting a PO Box, something that we can't do without a visa. I've had a lot of people ask for our address, so as soon as I get it I will post it on the blog. (hopefully soon because I love Christmas cards!)
 |
| Here's a sneak peek of what we've been up to. |
You don't know how many times I have wished for a Hobby Lobby. It would make my life so much easier. I'm still busy decorating my house and it's really, REALLY hard to find stuff that I want or like here. Or if I find it, it's VERY expensive. (Like, where is the second hand store?) This is the first time in over five years that I have decorated a house. I didn't really decorate last time because I knew we weren't going to be here very long. Oh and the fact that I stayed sick most of the time didn't help either. So this time I'm all in. Have you ever heard the saying, Where ever you are, be all there? It's a quote from Jim Elliot. Well, that's me, I want to be all here. I want to actually put down roots and love my house here, not only my house but my life.
Ok, ok, I will get back with you on my sneak peek project later.
We've also been looking for property for our church. Here's some land that we looked at today. This could be "the one." We shall see. Please continue to pray with us for the land that God wants for our church. It's out there, we've just got to find it.
 |
| Possible land for our church in Llano Grande. |
One more thing that you might be interested in, Megan has started her own blog. You can check it out
here.
Good morning from West Helena, Ar. It's morning here anyway. I really enjoy being in touch with some of our missionaries because it helps us know what your vision and needs are and pray more specifically about your ministry there. If your land is out of town will the people of your church be traveling there or will it be another group you'll be growing from start? Are the funds already raised for the land and the church building? Just a couple of ??
ReplyDeleteFor some reason I couldn't get anymore words to type on that previous post. I'm glad you are having so much fun decorating you home. From what I've seen it looks great! I hope Megan and Ethan are enjoying school and life in Quito. I think this is a great adventure for them. We will be praying for God to open doors and hearts there for your ministry and mission! May God bless you with the best year ever! Richard & Chris Dickenson
ReplyDelete