Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Party at Uncle Jerry's Cabin

Yesterday the Pruitt family had a going away party for us.  It was at Shannon's uncle Jerry's cabin, which is located in the middle of nowhere.  Really!  It is on the other side of Jasper.  You turn at the Low Gap store.  Do you know where that is?  When you are driving to the house you really feel like you are driving to the end of the earth.  But, when you get there it is so worth the drive. It is so beautiful!  He does rent it out to a lot of church groups.  It is a great place for a retreat.   I am not going to try to name everyone in the pictures, that would be too much.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

















Here is the great house 



On the way there we did get lost.  (imagine that)  And you know how men are, we were not going to call Uncle and tell him we were lost.  (imagine that again)  We did a lot of laughing driving up in the mountains, in the middle of nowhere, in the pouring down rain, hitting lots of pot holes, and LOST!  I finally called Shannon's cousin Michelle and she told us how to get there.  So, we finally get on the right road and we almost get to the house and there is a tree over the road.  Not a big tree but big enough that it had to be moved before we could get by. We are still laughing!  Shannon, still in his dress clothes, gets out and starts moving this tree.   Note: when he gets out it is not raining.   He starts moving this tree and it starts pouring down rain.  By this time I am laughing so hard I am almost crying.  What do I do?  Take pictures. That's right, it's raining so hard that I have to turn the windshield wipers on to take pictures.  I have posted them below in a play by play.  Hope you enjoy!  




 Shannon trying to decide what to do


 It's raining so hard that you can't even see him

 Still working in the rain


 Shannon yelling

Laughing because he has water dripping from his chin


No comments:

Post a Comment