Shannon left for the airport yesterday afternoon. He wasn't there 30 minutes when he found out that his flight had been cancelled. There were no more flights out for the day so he was left brokenhearted. Needless to say, yesterday was a sad day at our house. Not only for Shannon but for his family back in Arkansas as well. They were all sad because he wasn't going to be able to make it to the funeral. Well, we got a call last night from his aunt Linda and she said that they would try to skype the funeral. To some people this might be morbid or weird but, for a grandson that is over a thousand miles away, it was a blessing. I went ahead and went to school this morning but I couldn't stand the thought of Shannon having to watch the funeral by himself so, I decided that I would come home at 10:00. When I got home Shannon already had connected to skype at the church in Hector. We got to see and talk to all of his family and watched the whole funeral. It was such a blessing for him. Not only a blessing but it gave him the closer that he needed. A big thank you to all who have left us messages, comments or phone calls. We are so blessed to have such great family and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment