Thursday, September 30, 2010

Living the blessed life

As I sit here at my bedroom window looking out at this beautiful city I am overwhelmed by God's love for me and my family. The views are breathtaking. I can see a volcano from our bedroom window and one from our living room window. I have been thinking about the journey that me and my family have been on for the last 2 1/2 years. All for this moment. To be in the country where God has called us to. I think back to how much we gave up to come to this country and then I see how much more God has given back to us. It's unbelievable. I feel so blessed and undeserving of His love for me. For the last 2 1/2 years my emotions have been on a roller coaster ride. Am I really going to move my family to a different country? Am I really going to sell everything that I have? What if it doesn't work out? What if my kids don't like it? How will we start over? What if we fail? And the list goes on. I figured out that you can't follow your emotions. You have to follow the voice of God. If I would have listened to myself, look what I would have missed out on. Through this journey we have lost friendships, we have been told that we were crazy, and we have faced many sicknesses. All because we said yes to the call of God. You know what? It was worth all of it. I would do it all over again. There is no greater feeling than to be in the middle of God's perfect will for your life. If God is asking you to do something. Do. it. You will never regret it. No it's not going to be easy but it will be rewarding.

Here is the scripture that we have turned to everyday through this journey.

Psalm 121
1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?

2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;

4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;

6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;

8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.


3 comments:

  1. Inspiring! I think of you guys and pray for you often. So proud to know you! Praying for God's continued favor in everything yall do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guys, this is soooo amazing!!! I am so glad that you chose to listen to God and do what he asked you to do. I believe with all my heart that you are going to win over so many people to God!!! You guys are so special, and it is faith like yours that helps me to remember that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

    Love you guys so much!!! Oh yeah, I have a blog now, too. It is at
    honhappenings.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful words! You guys are blessing so many people, probably alot more than you realize! Thank you!
    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete