Since the kids had a little break from school, we decided that we wanted to get out of the city and check out this beautiful country. So, yesterday we went on a little day trip with a few friends of ours. First we stopped and bought some of these. They are really good. They are kinda like a pie pastry. They are called Bizcochos. Sorry the picture isn't very good, I took it through the window.
Then we were on our way to see a waterfall. On the way there I saw some ladies doing their laundry.
Here are a couple of pictures of the waterfall. (Cascada Peguche)
You would not believe how many ladies I saw with high heels hiking up to this waterfall. Those heels just looked so painful to me. We had a really great day and saw so many pretty things that it was hard for me to pick out which pictures to put on here. I'm only going to post a few and then maybe a few more tomorrow. I think I took about 400 pictures. I'm not kidding. Here are a few more from our day.
This is a roadside stand.
I know this looks fake, but it's real. This is a hog. These were all along the street in a small little town that we went to. I think the name of the town was Cotocachi. This little town is known for their leather.
We met this little lady begging on the street. So sad. But check out that smile. Why can't we all be this happy? She has nothing but she is still smiling.
I saw these little girls at a lake that we went to. They are all sisters.
This is a cemetery in a little town that we went through. The cemeteries were crowed with people yesterday due to the holiday. (day of the dead) This picture was taken about six last night.
Can't leave out our little gringo missionary kids.
On the way home we went by this little Assembly of God church and met the pastora. Yes, a woman pastors this church. I believe the name of this little town was Otavalo.














No comments:
Post a Comment