Friday, August 17, 2012

I'm still here.

I've decided that I need to do better at this blogging thing.  But I'm going to be honest with you since I've been sick I haven't had much "want to" to do anything.  Not to mention that since we moved back to the states we've just been busy.  Busy doing what?  Just little things, nothing worth blogging about.  We went on a little family vacation with Shannon's sister, Shonda, and I didn't even take very many pictures.  See I just don't have any "want to."

I'm still struggling day to day with sickness and it's about to get the best of me.  I'm ready to stop taking the anti-fungal and see if that would make me feel better.  That is my prayer.  I've been on a probiotic for the last month and I will be done with that tomorrow.  I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday and I'm hoping he will say no more medicine only enzymes.  I have also stopped taking nexium and I had a few after effects from that.  If it's not one thing it's another.  BUT, I am believing for a complete recovery.  (I just wish it would happen NOW)  As far as the food situation goes, that is going to take me a long time to figure out what I can eat and what I can't.  I can not begin to tell you how hard it is to find something that I can actually eat.  And it's really bad when you have so many allergies that you can't remember what you're allergic to.  One day last week a bought a box of crackers and when I got out to the car I had to call Shannon and ask if I could have whole wheat and of course the answer was no.  Oh the drama!

Our kids have had a great summer and are getting ready to start school on Monday.  Ethan isn't too thrilled about it but Megan is excited.  I'm praying that they will like it but not too much.  I'm not kidding.  I don't want them to like it so much that they don't want to leave.  I don't see that being a problem for Ethan but maybe for Megan.  Due to the kids being in school I will not be traveling with Shannon as much as we did on our first itineration.  When you have teenagers you have to give them some stability.  We thought it would be best if we got them involved in a church on a regular basis and a youth group.  I'm actually loving the church by the way.  We are going to Trinity Fellowship in Fayetteville and it's a great church.  They also have a Spanish service at 1:00 and it's great too.  We are looking forward to spending a year at this church and getting involved.  With that being said, we will travel with Shannon when we need to and when it's close.

Happy Friday and I hope you all have a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment