Tuesday, February 19, 2013

We Survived!

We have officially survived the flu.  We are still hacking our heads off, but we are still living.  We are also still very fatigued.  Is that a word?  Fatigued?  Tired, I like that word better.  And I'm excited to say that our kids did NOT get the flu, even though they lived in our germ ridden house.

Anyway.

We even managed to go to our services over the weekend.  We were in Monticello and Camden and had two very good services.  I think between the two of us we ate a whole bag of cough drops on Sunday.  We arrived home Monday afternoon completely worn out.

And guess what?  Since we were sick all last week and didn't leave the house very much, we didn't have any food in our house.  So we had to make a mad dash to the grocery store today.  Our kids thanked us.

We are gearing up for a sectional tour over the whole state of Arkansas that begins Thursday.  I will be traveling some with Shannon but not to every service.  Someone has to stay home and take care of the kids and I volunteered.  (haha!) I have been traveling a lot with Shannon since January and I'm ready to stay home for a while.  But, I'm also looking forward to seeing friends that we haven't been able to see yet on this tour.

We are still raising monthly support and are expecting to have it raised by August.  We are very anxious to get back to Ecuador and get back to work.

Did you know there was a presidential election in Ecuador on Sunday?  No?  Well there was and the former president got re-elected.  And did you know that the new airport is scheduled to open tomorrow?  Yes.  And guess how far it is from our house? And hour and a half.  Boo!!!  It use to take us five minutes to get home and now it's going to take over an hour.  I dare to say that it will probably take about two hours with the traffic.

Oh and did you know that Harps is opening tomorrow in West Fork?  Well, it is.  haha!

We really miss Ecuador!!


No comments:

Post a Comment