Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Chicken Enchiladas

It's time for a post about food.

This is the second time that I have made these enchiladas and they are Shannon's favorite.  When he was out of town for the week he was worried that I was going to make these and he wasn't going to be home.  He likes them that much.

I found the recipe here.

You do not need canned enchilada sauce or the packaged mix for these, it's all in the recipe.  It's the perfect recipe for families living over seas that can't get either one of those items anyway.  And I almost never follow a recipe, I always like to make changes.  So, I didn't cook my chicken in the sauce.  I boiled my chicken breast and then shredded it.

Please try these, they are a lot of work but they are so good.


Here's the sauce simmering, ok not really because nothing simmers here.  After it simmers you strain all the veggies out, that is where you get the sauce.  You put the strained veggies inside the chicken enchiladas.  

Here's a little trick to shred chicken.  I put the boiled chicken breast in my KitchenAid mixer.  
This is before.  (sorry if you don't have a KitchenAid)

Here's the after.  How perfect is that?

And the finished product.

We have two different pans because one has veggies mixed in with the chicken and the other one doesn't.  Guess who eats the ones with veggies, Shannon and Megan.  I don't eat the veggies because they are too much for my stomach.  (story of my life)

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment