I think that I like the second one better.
Since Shannon and I have began this journey to fulfill the call that God has placed on our lives, we have often been called hero's. When we were itinerating and traveling all over the state of Arkansas, when the pastor would introduce us, he would say, "These are our hero's." Really? A hero? When we would get letters from churches wanting us to send a letter about our ministry the letter would say, "Our hero's of the faith." Again, really? We don't see ourselves as hero's. We see ourselves as people that are doing what God has asked us to do. Any christian, Christ follower, would do what God has asked them to do, right? Another thing that was said by people is, "Glad it's you and not me." I didn't know that we had a choice to say no to God. Because I believe that any christian would do what God has asked us to do. Or maybe I should say I hope that they would. Yes it takes courage and strength and FAITH. Sometimes it's a big leap of faith. I think that Christians all over the world are saying yes to God and serving God to the best of their abilities. Weather it be pastoring, Sunday school teacher, music pastor, or the janitor. Yes, even the janitor. There is no difference in God's eyes, weather you're the pastor or the janitor. They are both very important in the eyes of God. No matter what God has called you to do, do it to the best of your abilities.
So, let's go back to that definition, someone who fights for a cause. I think that we are all fighting for a cause. And the cause being, Jesus. I guess that would make us all hero's and not just missionaries. Some missionaries like being called hero's but we are really just normal people that are fighting for a cause. We just live in another country. Yes we face different challenges, different emotional struggles, and different ways of life. This is why we covet your prayers. Not just this missionary family but missionaries all over the world.
Are you a hero? Are you fighting for a cause, the cause being Jesus?
Isaiah 52:7
7 How beautiful on the mountains
are the feet of those who bring good news,
who proclaim peace,
who bring good tidings,
who proclaim salvation,
who say to Zion,
"Your God reigns!"
are the feet of those who bring good news,
who proclaim peace,
who bring good tidings,
who proclaim salvation,
who say to Zion,
"Your God reigns!"
Beautiful post and reminder. We are all important in God's eyes. And we need to be about His business and doing His will!
ReplyDeletePraying for you guys!
until next time... nel