Here is how it works. The hours of restriction are 7:00a.m.-9:30a.m. and 4:00p.m.-7:30p.m. How do you know which day is your restriction day? Well if you notice in the picture it says:
LUN-(Monday) 1 and 2
MAR- (Tuesday) 3 and 4
and so on. Every license plate number ends with the number 1through 0. So, for example, our license plate ends with a 4 so, we can't drive on Tuesday. If your license plate number ends with a 0, you wouldn't be able to drive on Friday. I think you get the point.
The Multas (fines) are as follows:
first time offense $80 and your auto impounded for 1 day.
second time offense $120 and your auto impounded for 3 days.
third time offense $240 and your auto impounded for 5 days.
(I have heard that the impoundment of your auto is more but this is what I found online.)
The traffic here is horrible and I can't imagine what it would be like if we didn't have the restrictions. From what I have heard, not really sure, they have just started this this year. I have also heard rumors of having the restriction all day. We will see.
I just wanted to share a little about our lives here in Quito. And the cultural experiences that we face.
Oh before I forget here is another little "about our lives in Quito". (this one is funny)
When you go to a public restroom here you have to get your toilet paper before you go in the stall. They have toilet paper dispensers hanging on the wall right when you walk int he door. Some of them are automatic, now that is fancy. Sometimes they are outside and you have to pay for it. And if you forget to get your TP before you use the restroom, you are just out of luck. Yes, this takes getting use to.
It just so happens that I have a picture of this. This dispenser is outside and you have to pay for your TP.
Well, there you have it folks. All you wanted to know about Quito and more.


Wow! What a different world, especially from Arkansas, haha... Still pray for you guys, hope to be able to take a trip, hopefully missions trip there someday.
ReplyDelete