Sunday, October 24, 2010

Party and 10K

We got invited to a birthday party for one of Megan's friends from school.  It was a party for the whole family.  So, we met at the mall at 3:00 p.m. and went bowling.  This family is from Japan and it was so weird to speak Spanish to a Japanese family.   It was a really fun little party.  I'm glad that we were able to be part of celebrating Ayano's birthday.

Who's says that a girl with a broke arm can't bowl?


After the party Shannon headed out for his first 10k.  This is Shannon after the race.

There were about 35,000 people that ran in this race.  The streets were crazy.  We spent two hours driving trying to get to a place to see Shannon.  It's really hard to navigate in this city with all the one way streets and then some of the streets were closed for the race.  Needless to say, we didn't ever see him.  Megan said next time we are going to buy him a hot pink hat so he would stand out.  The race started at 7 and we finally picked him up at 8:30.  He really enjoyed the race and can't wait to do it again.

Shannon had the opportunity to preach today in a small church outside the city.  He said it went really well and three people got saved.  I didn't get to go.  (see prayer requests)

Prayer Requests:
*My grand daddy has had a stroke and is in the hospital in Hot Springs.  It's really hard being so far from home.  Please pray that he can regain his strength and will be able to live at home, not a nursing home.
      *I just received this picture from my cousin.  He looks like he is doing better.  PTL!



*We have some friends, not naming names, that are getting ready to make the transition into the country of their calling.  I'm not going to say where they are going because it's a sensitive country.  But the country is unstable and talks of a possible war.  I can't imagine what is going through their minds right now.  We did have the opportunity to talk to them and they just need peace.  Please pray for this family's  safety and that they will be able to do what God has called them to do.

*I have been having some back issues for almost two weeks now.  I have been taking all kinds of medicines and doing therapy.  After driving in all the traffic last night, my back has been really bad today.  I didn't realize that I would be stuck in traffic for two hours.  And the fact that we have a standard didn't help either.  Please pray that my back gets better soon.  I don't do so well having to stay down.

New to the prayer requests:
I just found out that a friend of ours that is a MA in El Salvador has lost her grandpa.  She isn't sure if she is going to be able to go home or not.  Please pray for her and the rest of the Carter family.


Couldn't leave Ethan out of this post.  So here is my only son enjoying himself bowling.  And of course, supporting the Razorbacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment