We have been so busy this last week. It seems like it is taking forever to find all the stuff that we need for our apartment. I think it's because I'm picky or I keep thinking that I might find it cheaper somewhere else. I guess it's the bargain shopper in me. I don't like to just buy the first thing I see, I like to shop around and make sure I'm getting the best deal. Well, I think it's wearing me out. I am to the point where I just don't care. We have finally got all the big items purchased and I'm thankful for that.
We went to a great little church last weekend. The pastor is young and there are only about 100 or so people that go there. The pastor expressed an interest in having our help. So, there may be a ministry opportunity there. Shannon is preaching at this church next weekend. in Spanish I might add. We are still waiting to meet with the general superintendent. Not sure when that is going to happen but soon I hope.
I am ready to start back with my Spanish learning. There is so much more that I need to know. I am hoping in the next couple of weeks to start tutoring lessons. Most people think that since we lived in Costa Rica for a year and went to language school that we should be fluent in Spanish. Trust me, that is not the case. Did you know that it takes seven years of studying Spanish before you are fluent. I know, its like I'm torturing myself, but I've got to learn more. Shannon and I get tickled when we are out trying to talk to people. We often wonder if we sound like a Spanish person trying to speak English. When you are trying to tell someone something and you don't know the proper form of the verb, you just use it in the indicative form. For example:(this is going to be in English) "you bring my house." What you really want to say is "will you bring it to my house." The first one is not correct English but I'm sure Shannon and I sound like this in Spanish. How embarrassing. Hence the need for tutoring.
Oh yeah before I forget. We just sent out our last newsletter for the year. If you want to take a look at it, I have placed a link to it at the top of the page. Or you can just click here.
No comments:
Post a Comment