Friday, October 1, 2010
Update from Ecuador
I know, I know, on facebook I said that we were staying in until things settled down. But... we were suppose to get our car yesterday and was interrupted by the President getting kidnapped. (or supposedly kidnapped, I don't know) When we left the Toyota place yesterday we were told to come back at 10:00 today. We were really unsure as to what to do. Do we get out and get our car or do we stay in and wait until tomorrow? We ended up calling a missionary friend to see how things were in the city and he said that is was calm and we should go get our car. So that is what we did. We signed all the papers on the car and get ready to drive out of the parking lot and the car won't start. Why is this happening to me? I told Shannon that our last name should be Lucky. Shannon and Susan Lucky. That is how things have been going for us. But, I'm still living the blessed life. The car not starting had something to do with the newly installed alarm system. Something about a fuse or whatever. We ended up having to leave without the car. On the way back to our apartment we got to check things out on the streets. When I say that I don't mean we got out and walk around. Toyota gave us a car to drive home so we were safe in a car. There were people everywhere. The streets were crazy crowded. I told Shannon that you couldn't tell that this country is in a state of emergency for 5 days. These people are living like nothing ever happened. We did see lots of police. There was nothing out of the ordinary, though. There were banks open, malls, and the airport. I'm not going to lie to you, yesterday was very scary for us. I had to keep updated by the internet because it was in English. By that afternoon the government had taken over all the TV stations and the radio. I do know that the President was rescued from the hospital where he was being held last night around 10ish. This rescue involved gunfire. Which we could here from our apartment. I am so glad that things are better today. Please continue to pray because we don't know what these next few days hold. Ok, back to the car situation. Before we got home we got a call from Toyota saying that our car was fixed and we could come and get it. So, we go home get E and Meg and take them to McDonalds for lunch then back to Toyota. And this time the Toyota Fortuner started and we drove home. We finally have wheels! I don't have any pictures yet but I will tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad you guys are ok, been praying. What an ordeal! But God is Good! Be safe!
ReplyDeleteuntil next time... nel